Lunes, Disyembre 14, 2015

Some slooow moootion and some hastening

This week was a miracle. My companion and I thought we wouldn't be able to have 70 lessons this week because of Christmas devotionals. But God has always been good,  we were so surprised we still had 71 lessons and 105 contacts!

Yesterday in our ward council meeting, our bishop asked how were we able to teach so many lessons in a week, and in all honesty we said "We do not know".. My companion and I really don't know what's happening in this area. Blessings just fall into our hands and we acknowledge that it's Him who is leading this mission, area, and our companionship. And I am beyond grateful for having such a wonderful area with a wonderful companion. She is amazing!!

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Garcia this week. We taught 14 lessons and contacted 16 times. Sister Garcia is bold and fearless (and so loving) just like her trainer Sister Manosig. There are a lot of miracles happening in their area. I am certain that their ward could see their hastening example that's why they get so many referrals from them. Their companionship is exemplary!

Yesterday has been great. Marianika, Joy, and Ivy came to church. But I think my favorite part is when Heavenly Father answered our prayers that Jamaica would come to church. Jamaica has been an investigator since March 2015. Her baptismal dates have been moved more or less 10 times because of her inconsistent sacrament attendance and the like. She would just come to church if her RC/LA cousin would come. And yesterday was the "last sunday" for her to come to church so she can be baptized before the year ends. Could I just tell you how much I had been so nervous yesterday because the opening hymn at the sacrament meeting had begun and she had not yet come. But when I opened my eyes after the opening prayer, I saw her enter the sacrament hall with her nonmember grandmother.. Aaaaah!!!! It felt like everything around me stopped moving while she was walking at the sacrament hall. Everything just went in sloooooooowwwww motion..

Sister Jamaica is amazing! Even though her cousin didn't come to church, she came! She is such an inspiration! And... the Indong Family is getting strong as well. I do not know when will they be baptized, but I have the strongest feelings that I can see them sealed in the temple someday.

Miracles are happening but I know that the more we rely on Him, we could do a lot more.

We love you and sustain you! Happy Birthday!

I love being a missionary!


Christmas devo with my batchmates!

Merry Christmas!!



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento