Lunes, Agosto 17, 2015

Eye Single

This week has been good. We had 2 companion exchanges, 2 zone meetings we attended and taught. 1 interview with President and Sister Rahlf, and 1 sacrament talk – and we survived!!! The enabling power gave us strength to do beyond our own natural ability to accomplish things!

The exchange with Sister de Guzman made me want to pray-and-fast on the spot. I had never been so punted and rejected many times in my whole mission life than that day! It made me want to cry on the streets. Nevertheless, we were able to teach 8 lessons and had 25 contacts that day. If there’s a will, there’s a way.

I had exchanges with Sister de Veyra as well. I have to admit, I was terrified. Not that she’s terrifying but because I didn’t know to train someone who should be training me.

For all the terrifying-humbling experiences I had this week, I have learned how to truly have an eye single. (D&C 88:67). Sister Pat Holland, one my favorites, said that “the appreciation for our own worth has nothing to do with the applause of one’s neighbor and everything to do with having integrity before the Lord. We all need a higher image of ourselves, but Satan would have us believe it comes totally from the praise of others when in fact it comes from our relationship with God.”

I fervently pray that my eyes will be fixed, centered, riveted, and cemented to His glory, always and forever.

 “If your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.”

Oh how I love this verse!

No more time to write. But, Christopher will be baptized!


Sister Elivera's CLS exam

For my departing companion.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento