Lunes, Hunyo 15, 2015

On Elevators and Escalators

So in my last week's letter, I told you that I was introspecting myself what I did wrong why baptisms are falling through. I realized that during my past cycles with Sister Solis and Sister Berganio, most of our time were spent to "harvesting".. Yes, we did "some" planting, but not that much. And that "some" planting we did didn't grow enough to be harvested this cycle.

I should have known better. I should have done better if I planted much while harvesting much in the past. It reminds me of what Elder Bowen said in the mission tour -- about elevators and escalators. It's just now that it made sense to me.

Missionary work should NOT be like putting someone in the elevator cubicle to help him land on the next floor. And then WAIT for that elevator cubicle go back and "emptied" before putting another one inside.

Missionary work should be like escalators : continue having someone ride on it while others are getting near the next floor.

Harvesting and Planting should go together, everyday, all day.

I am brokenhearted. I should have done better.

So in my next remaining months, His children will be riding on escalators. No more elevators.

Anyway, we have baptism this coming 18th July. She's a daughter of the golden family Sister Maroket and I found at the very last hour of our "all panted" day. I cannot forget that moment and the Spirit that we've felt in our first lesson with them. Every teaching moment is a spiritual feast. I am always edified.

That's one of the things I learned in the mission about the Spirit. We can know that we are teaching by the power of the Holy Ghost, if we teachers learn something from what we speak. "he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understandone another, and both are edified and rejoice together" (D&C 50:22)

I love the Spirit so much. And speaking of the Spirit, I love the the zone conference so much! It was a spiritual feast -- too spiritual that on the night of that day, I went to bed at 9:30 pm. That was the earliest time I went to bed on my mission. I do not know, but I felt that every fiber of my spirit and emotion has been used way too much on the conference that I felt like Lehi who "cast himself upon his bed, being overcome with the Spirit and the things which he had seen" (1 Nephi 1:7)

I love President and Sister Rahlf so much.
I am grateful for their example.

My anak's first zone conference.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento