Lunes, Enero 12, 2015

TATAY GEORGE!! TATAY GEORGE!!

I do not know if this is also true in America…but in the Philippines, if someone has pimples it means he/she is in-love. So I got massive pimples all over my face now. Meaning, I am so inlove. I love love love being a missionary!

Last week, we had 8 investigators who attended the sacrament meeting. And yesterday, we got 9 investigators who came to church! And guess who was one of them? TATAY GEORGE MORALES. Yes, the one who became an orphan when he was in 3rd grade, the one who studied to become a catholic priest, the one who became a soldier and discharged in the office, the one who went unto illegal jobs, the one who has one lung left, the one who reads the book of mormon, and the one whom I love so much!! I was so happy that I immediately run to meet him outside while he was walking with his son. I was so happy that I screamed “Tataaaaay!” I was so happy that I wanted to cry. I was so happy that I wanted to hug him but I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to say or do so I just kept on saying “Tatay Tatay Tatay” while tears flooding my face.

It was an awesome Sunday for him. We got our Ward Mission Leader fellowshipping him althroughout the 3 hour block of church services. He was so invloved in the discussion during Gospel Essential class. And when we started singing I Believe in Christ as an opening hymn for the sacrament meeting, he was crying. The Spirit is there. Willieboy, his son, who was always at his back, assisted him and comforted him everytime Tatay feels weak. I just want everybody to know how strong Tatay’s faith is. Many people couldn’t afford to go to church for some reason, but Tatay, even though they do not have enough money for fare, and he has only one lung… HE STILL WENT TO CHURCH. I love Tatay so much. Heavenly Father loves Him beyond!

Jun Lorena, one of our investigators also went to church yesterday. He had a hard life back then. He was imprisoned twice. He got his arm amputated in the prisoner’s hospital without his permission. He was drunk the first time we met him. But now, we can see the light in his eyes and the smile on his face whenever we’re teaching him. He loves the doctrine of resurrection so much: how his left arm will be restored in the perfect and proper frame in the day of resurrection. He loves the Savior and His atonement, and how we can be cleansed from sin because of Him. 

We also had the Pabiona family going to church yesterday. They had not been to church for 2-3 years already since the head of the family went to abroad to find job. They were sealed in the temple, but when the Tatay Pabiona went to abroad, Nanay got other husband. It is just heartbreaking. Elder Dallin H. Oaks told about this while I was in the MTC. He said that Filipinos should avoid leaving their family to find job. Since we cannot give counsel to this family, we just invited him to ask for the counsel of bishop. Tatay is a good man. He just wants the best for his family. I do not completely understand why these things are happening. I do not understand completely why Lehi … a good father had waywardchildren.. But Jesus Christ knows it perfectly, and our purpose is to invite all men to come unto Him.

I just hope I could tell you everything that happened. So basically last week, I got Sister Muagutu, Sister Davis, and Sister Elivera, and some of the members worked with me in our area. I will never leave our area until you would tell me I should. I have loved everyone and everything here. These people must be some of the reasons why I shouted for joy in the premortal world. I love my mission. I love my trainer. I love my mission parents. I love the Savior. I will love till I drop.

I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy,and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. (Alma 26:10–12.)

I love being a missionary!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento