Lunes, Nobyembre 2, 2015

Mission Tour

This has been a wonderful week! Wednesday, my companion and I woke up very early that as I was trying to hit the alarm off at 2:45am, I fell from my bed and my face hit the floor. My mouth got a bruise, but the pain was tolerable! We were sooo sleepy that morning but we need to get up very early because we need to be in Cauayan at 7am to meet Elder and Sister Schwitzer -- a member of the Seventy! I will talk more of it in the later part of this letter. :)

My companion and I had a thought last night. Since we need to find 16 new investigators to get 1 baptism, we thought about finding 16 new investigators each week to get weekly baptisms. We are averaging 15 - 20 new investigators for the past weeks, so let us see! And to avoid being an "activity driven missionary", applying what we have learned in the mission tour would help us become more of a "purpose driven" one.

I really loved what Elder Schwitzer taught about asking people how they feel about a "question of a soul" instead of waiting for them to ask! In the past cycles of my mission, I have learned (by experience) how important questions are! Questions saved my soul! Without questions feels like going to a dinner appointment with a stomach full. You do not want to eat anything (no matter how delicious the food are), because you are already full.  So "creating curiosity" is one of the skills I'd like to develop for the rest of my life.

The work has been great. Angel (Investigator) came to church yesterday with her LA dad. Seeing them yesterday filled my heart with so much love and happiness. It made me miss my family, but I know the blessings of serving full-time mission will be consecrated to them. I am grateful for my companion. She's very hardworking! I am blessed by her example. I am beyond grateful.

I love being a missionary!



Apo Allen, Anak Maroket, and LOLA  ACOSTA-- where all good genes come from :) Haha!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento