Lunes, Marso 9, 2015

"... it will always be an upward hill."

So it’s kind of ironic to tell you that this has been my favorite cycle even though it has been a very trying journey for me.  I won’t deny the fact that there were times that I wanna go home, or call the mission president during a teaching appointment and ask for an emergency transfer. (I’m not kidding! I am serious!!)

This cycle, though short, has made a big impact to me in all and in every aspect of my life.

SPIRITUAL
I feel I’ve come closer to Heavenly Father and our Savior more than ever. I’ve learned to trust Him when things don’t go the way I expect them to happen. One of the weaknesses I had been carrying for years is that I tend to worry A LOT just about how to do my very best in every detail of everything. I had overcome it before I went to mission. Until, I started worrying again. I worried for my companion. I worried whether I had done the best that I could in every teaching appointment. I worried whether an hour each day is enough for me to prepare for all the lessons for the day. I worried whether our investigators read the scriptures, pray, go to church and such. I work and work and work and study and study and study. Until my strength of working too hard became one of my weaknesses, AGAIN.

In this cycle, especially the last weeks.. I have felt the Spirit more as I trust Him that He is aware of everything that’s happening. I learned to trust that this is His work and His desire to help me succeed is undoubted and His capacity to do so is INFINITE. I have learned that there there’s a BIG difference between anxiously engaged and overanxious and thus under engaged. I’ve learned that there’s difference between Hastening the work of salvation with Rushing it!

PHYSICAL: As I learned to trust Him, I feel that my pimples are clearing up now. J

MENTAL: I feel that my teaching skills and planning skills (if that makes sense) have improved! Thanks to Sister Solis!

SOCIAL: I have learned how to BRT like Ammon. I wash clothes, and such and such and such.. Looking for opportunities to serve. (Look! We got 20 member present lessons even if we took time to serve others, not just teaching! Short and powerful lessons are the best!) And yup! I am more courageous now.

Just like the Savior, I have increased in wisdom, stature, in favour with God, and with men. (Luke 2:52)

If I didn’t serve full-time mission, I wouldn’t experience the trials and challenges that helped me overcome my weakness and become a better person.

13 more months! I know it’s not going to be easy, but as long as I stay on the right path, it will always be an upward hill.

I love being a missionary!

PS: Elaiza and Garry (children of Tatay George will be baptized this 14th). Excited!











Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento